Fire Prevention Division
Sedgwick County Fire District 1 Fire Prevention Division provides Community Risk Reduction (CRR) programs to the citizens of the Fire District. From fire extinguisher training to our building plans review and inspections, the Fire Prevention Division is dedicated to the safety and well-being of our stakeholders through the five E's.
- Education is about educating people to prevent emergencies or to reduce their impact.
- Engineering refers to the mechanical solutions we can promote or mandate to help improve public safety, like air bags, seat belts, fire sprinklers, and smoke alarms.
- Enforcement assumes that we have mandated certain features like fire sprinklers and have an obligation to see that the community complies with the regulations. Or, we may mandate procedures like safe welding practices to reduce fire incidents. That’s still an enforcement approach.
- Economic Incentive refers to the concept of using economics to stimulate safety actions, including fines for illegal fireworks or tax incentives for fire sprinkler systems.
- Emergency Response responds quickly and effectively to fire and medical related situations.
- College Campus Fire Safety
- Carbon Monoxide
- Fireworks in Sedgwick County
- Fire Education Clowns
- Fire Extinguishers
- Smoke Alarms
- Solid Fuel Appliances
- Youth Fire Safety Intervention Resources and Education
- Quarterly Newsletter - State of Kansas Fire Marshal Office - Fire Prevention Tips and Informational Articles
- ISO Protection Classes in Sedgwick County
- Fire Code Amendments - Sedgwick County 2018 Adoption
- Request a Smoke Alarm - Sedgwick County Fire District 1 offers free smoke alarms to citizens within the fire district that may not have a working alarm.
- Station Locations - Sedgwick County Fire District 1